Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Shades of Rimmel: Some Classic Rimmel Lipstick Faves

It isn't very often that I watch a YouTube video or read a beauty blog where someone is talking about their favorite drugstore lipsticks and one of these shades isn't mentioned. When my makeup addiction first got serious back in 2008, I purchased these two shades from Rimmel after hearing non-stop about them. And last night, one of my followers (thanks Nene) reminded me how great Rimmel Lasting Finish Airy Fairy is. So I went to the top drawer in my bathroom, which is kind of like the drawer less traveled because I don't use the cosmetics in that location very often. Not because I don't love them, just because I have a rotation going right now and other lipsticks just need to be patient to get a turn. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Airy Fairy: This is a very nice pink, on the mauve side, with a splash of nude thrown in for good measure. No shimmer, very wearable, attractive sweet scent, comfortable wear, and all around well-respected lipstick. Some say its a dupe for MAC Viva Glam 5. 

Rimmel Vintage, Rimmel Airy Fairy, Rimmel East End Snob lipliner

Forgive me, my little girl begged me to let her be on my blog wearing Airy Fairy. She's co-producer.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Airy Fairy
Rimmel Lasting Finish Vintage: Not to be confused with Rimmel Moisture Renew Vintage Pink which is probably an even more gorgeous shade and will make a cameo below. Vintage Pink is "pinkier" than Airy Fairy and has a subtle shimmer than can be felt on the lips actually, but not enough to be bothersome. This is a true pink shade with no visible undertones. That's about it, its freaking pink and that's it. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish 026 Vintage

Rimmel Vintage is the first shade, the light picks up the sheen very nicely

Rimmel Exaggerate Full-Color Lipliner East End Snob: The ultimate classic pink drugstore lipliner. This one goes perfectly paired with the two aforementioned shades as well as pretty much anything pink in your collection. Also works well to fill in the lips and apply a nude shade over it that may look a bit scary when left to its own devices. I put on the swatch rather thick but it doesn't come across that dark upon first coat, it basically looks like the shade was created with Airy Fairy in mind. Cannot go wrong with this one people. This is one of those twist up liners that you don't have to mess with sharpening and it applies very easily and smoothly. Cheap and good is a win win in my book.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Vintage Pink: I don't have this and I want this. Plain and simple. I must have been living in a bubble for not seeing this one before. I am going to show you a picture of someone wearing Vintage Pink and then a picture of the same lipstick but with MAC Fantabulous Dazzleglass over it and you tell me how awesome it is. If you don't think its out of this world gorgeous then I'm going to have to ask you to leave. This is one beautiful lip combo, BAM! 

Above, Rimmel Moisture Vintage Pink, below is same shade + MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass

Do you love lipsticks? Do you love free lipsticks that you cant go out and buy because they're sold out? Then go enter my contest for a MAC Hibiscus lipstick from the Surf Baby Collection! See link below for details and sign up to follow today!

No comments:

Post a Comment