Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Good Nude Lipstick Alert: L'Oreal Color Riche Fairest Nude

If you have kept up with my blogs, you know that I'm a freak for nude lipsticks and in constant search for the next best one. Recently I did a post about how to best pull off a nude lip for those that are intimidated by the task and I listed some good entry-level nudes to make the transition easier. L'Oreal Fairest Nude is a perfect inductee to this category of wearable nudes. If Beyonce can pull this shade off and look stunning, anyone can. What, you didn't think someone of color could pull off a nude? Think again sister. Actually, I think this shade actually looks better on tanned or at least a medium skin tone. But don't be fooled by the name "Fairest", because "Fairest" it is not. Rather, its more of a brown or tan nude. 

-Looks very natural
-Wearable for a variety of skin tones
-Creamy formula, good texture
-Especially beautiful on tanned or darker complections

Dupe Alert:
I've heard that L'Oreal Fairest Nude is a good dupe for MAC Viva Glam II and MAC Blankety. Personally, I agree more with the VGII comparison but you can get an idea of what Blankety and FN look like side by side in a swatch picture below.

Price: 
Outrageously enough, this lipstick was close to $11 at CVS but a mere $5 at Wal Mart. Personally, I wouldn't ever pay $11 for a drugstore lipstick when I can add a few more bills to the equation and get a MAC lipstick instead. 

Maybelline Born W/ It, MAC Blankety, L'Oreal Fairest Nude, MAC Kinda Sexy (L2R)

I can see how this lipstick comes across as a pinky/nude (just not on me)







CLICK BELOW For instructions on entering my contest for a BNIB Urban Decay Naked Palette! Contest ends May 27th! Must be a follower to enter, sign up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment