Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Nail Polish of the Day! Essie Limo-Scene, Available @ CVS

I took a chance on a really really light polish that wasn't super solid white but somewhere in the white family. I can see this shade looking really great on tanned skin, especially the toes. But I was confused to see pink nail polish when I was looking for this milky-white shade online to get an idea of how this color came across, so I guess there are two versions of Limo Scene. One looks like a pastel pink with subtle lavender undertones and the other looks like a nude-white. Different shades, same name. Come on now, aren't there enough words out there to be able to string something together and give each shade its own unique name? Especially when one is white and the other is pink. Regardless, I am really digging this version of Limo-Scene. I haven't had a polish quite this light. It's probably around 3-4 levels lighter than Essie Topless and Barefoot. It's by no means a freakish "white-out" white, rather, it looks very natural and pretty. You can get away with three coats to be fully opaque but I used four just to totally seal the deal. Topped off with Seche Vite for instant dry-ness and shine and my look was complete.

Essie Limo-Scene w/ four coats + Seche Vite on top


Do you ever put the second and third coat on too fast and it drags the polish off of the part of the nail close to the cuticle? I hate that. So that's pretty much why I had to use four coats, to fill in the blank spots at the bottom of my nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment