Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick: as Good as it Sounds?

A kind woman bestowed upon me a $25 gift card to Sephora today. Instantly upon seeing the black plastic, my wheels were turning. What to buy, what to buy? Perfume? Lipstick? Eyeshadow? Lipstick? Mascara? Lipstick? I settled on lipstick. I have an affinity for it and I almost always choose it above any other cosmetic category if I'm not shopping for a specific purpose. But I admit, I've been stuck in a MAC rut. It's convenient, it's easy, fairly inexpensive, and I am familiar. Never underestimate the power of familiarity. Through my admitted complacency, I have stifled my opportunities to try other brands. But now is the time. Having never made a purchase without fully reviewing beauty blogs and Makeupalley first, I got to work. After sifting through piles of contenders, I've come up with the Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Cream Lipstick. How good does the word Velvet paired with the word Creme sound? Heaven. I haven't met a bad Hourglass product and I haven't heard a single bad thing about them either. I love and adore their concealer stick and their eyeshadow is an absolute dream. And other than Yves Saint Laurent, I haven't tried any lipstick brand at Sephora over $30. And unfortunately, I don't like for my lipstick to have the consistency of vegetable oil so the YSL option is totally, and without question, out of the running.

Here's What I've Heard About The Hourglass Lipsticks:

-Super duper pigmented

-Hydrating

-Comfortable to wear, non-drying

-Unscented

-Refill cartridges available for $24, big bonus to not have to pay another $30 for a totally new tube (BIG BONUS!)

-Kind of annoying super flat square tip (made for the ability to pack on a lot of color to a lip brush, I've read)

-Gorgeous and large shade selection

The shade I'm eyeling, Hourglass "Fable"
I hope Fable looks this good on me!

Please tell me if you have tried them and what you think, or if you have another suggestion for a great lipstick sold at Sephora in the nude shade genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment