Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review: JulieG Nail Polish in Kickin' It

Photo credit www.thepolishaholic.com (other shades in the collection)
I have been checking Rite Aid for the new JulieG nail polish line the whole month of April. If you don't know, JulieG is a very talented professional makeup artist on YouTube and she has a ton of nail art videos. She worked with Jessie's Girl cosmetics to produce a polish for their line last year and now has her own line which she partnered with JG to create. There are so many super cool shades, at $3.99 each and sold exclusively at Rite Aid and Jessie's Girl cosmetics (online). I picked up Kickin' It which is a very striking teal with somewhat of a metallic sheen. It favors the greener side of teal although the pictures are making it look more blue than it really is. I wouldn't normally gravitate toward a color like this but my little girl picked it and I'm glad she did. The color is gorgeous and would look so pretty on the toes for summer. It reminds me of a mermaid (which is funny because she has another color called Mermaid's Tail which is in the same color family). As for application, the polish applies SO nicely and is perfectly opaque in two coats. I am very impressed by the quality for such a good price and I look forward to trying more!

UPDATE: I've been wearing this polish for four days, not a chip in sight. Go Julie!

Photos taken by me. JulieG nail polish in Kickin' It (no flash)



1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited to try these at some point. They look fantastic from the swatches I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete