Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Looking For a Good Mineral Powder Foundation? Try Jane Iredale!

Let me pass along this advice. When you read an ingredient list on a website that is not the actual site of the brand you're buying, you should double check it with the information released by the brand. I only looked at beauty.com for the ingredients in the Jane Iredale Pressed Mineral Foundation which failed to mention the product included Dimethicone, the one ingredient I am looking to avoid in all of my products! So when I received the product, I was dismayed to see that evil word glaring back at me as plain as day on the back of the packaging. I may not be able to use it, but I have bravely tried it for two days hoping that there is only a small amount of silicone in there. But I can say that even if it does break me out, I know that someone else will love it if they are looking for a mineral foundation or getting tired of the one they're using. This product comes in a pressed and loose version as well as a liquid and the ingredients do change in the liquid. I purchased the pressed mineral powder for something different than what I'm used to which is pricey and retails for $52, I got it for $38 on Ebay. 

This is the silkiest, most lightweight mineral foundation I've ever used and it leaves your skin noticeably soft. I've never been able to relate to people that say "I could hardly tell I had makeup on!" but that is how I really feel about this product. It glides on effortlessly as I buffed in with my Sigma F80 over my Korres Silicone Free Primer (which may be creating a barrier for the Dimethicone to keep out of my pores because I haven't broken out yet). There is no chalky appearance on the skin like some say about Bare Minerals and I find it to be a much nicer texture and finish than BM. After I've got a good layer of the foundation on, I do some spot concealing with my Cle de Peau and then I take the otherwise worthless powder puff that comes with the very sleek and weighty compact and I press the powder into my skin where I want to set the concealer and get a little extra coverage. The powder wears super nicely, doesn't change colors or oxidize into the skin over the course of the day, and it leaves a nice, fresh looking finish that is neither too matte or too dewy. I would say its a perfect summer makeup that not matter how much you pile on, still feels light and airy. I would not say this a full coverage but it is buildable to a medium coverage. I recommend a tinted moisturizer or BB cream underneath for extra coverage like I've read in many of the reviews of this product. I have normal-dry skin and find that this product is not too drying and may suit most skin types nicely from what I've read. In addition, there is a pretty good variety of shades to satisfy cool, neutral, and warm undertones. I went with the "Natural" shade which is a light-medium that pulls more towards the light side and is neither too cool or too warm so its good for those in between. I'm an NW25 for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment