Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Review for Korres Vitamin E Silicone Free Primer

I've been using this Korres Vitamin E primer for a couple of weeks now and I wanted to review it for you all. As you know, I have to use face products that are free of silicone and there sure aren't enough of them! So when I find one, I shout it to the world and hope that it will help someone else on the hunt for products like this. Korres is a brand that prides itself on using natural ingredients (although not all of their products are all natural) and I've grown to love their body butters, face moisturizers, etc. And now I can add their primer to the list. Now, Korres make a few primers so they are not all created equally, this one that specifically says silicone-free. It isn't similar to other primers that I have tried. For one, it doesn't break me out. For two, it goes on like a light moisturizer rather than the slick and silky feel of the silicone primers. I gotta admit, I do like that slick silicone feel but unfortunately my skin does not share my same sentiment. Even though it has the texture of a moisturizer, it sinks in quickly and doesn't leave my face feeling oily. I think its a great primer for those with normal to dry or dry skin because I can't speak for girls with combo or oily skin. Another thing I like is that my makeup applies really nicely over it. Before I used the primer, I had to wait a while to let my lotion sink in because I applied my mineral foundation with a buffing motion and it would move my skin around too much when I would do the circular motions. I did not like this. But now my mineral foundation (Bare Escentuals) glides on smoothly with my Sigma F80 and I think this has saved me some time as well. I have never used primers on a regular basis. I try one, it breaks me out with little bumps, I stop using. I try another and the same thing happens. Yet another reason I enjoy this primer is that a little goes a long way and spreads very easily using just a small amount. I'm a big fan of that quality in a face product. Furthermore, I wanted to try this one because I wanted to provide my skin a barrier to protect from foundation or concealer sinking into my pores. I think by creating this barrier, it is helping to keep the break outs at bay because the foundation and concealer have to stay on the surface. I also wanted to use a primer to make my foundation and concealer last longer. I hate how I apply concealer and then halfway through the day it has faded off or looks all dry and icky. So with all of that, Korres has really been the solution to multiple concerns. Its $28 and can be purchased from Sephora, ULTA, and of course, good ole' Ebay where I got mine for less than $20 of course! Korres describes this as 99% natural, and rich in anti-oxidants. It is free of parabens, sulfates, silicone, mineral oil, synthetic dyes and fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates, and GMO's. It is Ecocert certified and dermatologist tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment