Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Reveiw: Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow and Concealer Primer

Initially I thought this product was just another eyeshadow primer but I became intrigued when I learned it also acted as a primer for your under eye concealer, which is a totally new concept for me. I used this product for about four days and I have determined that I do not like it. Not as an eyeshadow primer and certainly not as a concealer primer. Now, I like the shade of the primer in that it is flesh toned and looks like concealer and the consistency is fine as well but it didn't work well to keep my eyeshadow put. In addition, it made my concealer look cakey and creasey. Two words you never want to be used to describe your under eye area. When I applied this to my lids, it left a sticky consistency behind which I hate because it doesn't make for a smooth canvas for your shadow to glide on and blend well. As for its concealer priming abilities, I'd rather have my concealer wear off by mid-day than add an extra layer under my eyes that is going to make it appear drier and more crackly. Not the look I'm going for. 

And moreover, Benefit kind of annoys me with all their gimicky products that promise to solve all of life's problems but with just above average results (except for They're Real Mascara, love!). I am a sucker for cute packaging and Benefit does nail it when it comes to that but I can't think of one product besides that mascara that they do better than anyone else or at least as good as everyone else. And quite frankly, their blushes break me out. As for Stay Don't Stray, I am totally straying. 

Primer Loves: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and for an affordable option Palladio Herbal Eye Primer (available at Sally's Beauty or ULTA for around $7!).

1 comment:

  1. I've never been able to use any kind of primer on my under eye area. I use an eye cream with vitamins and my concealer also contains healing ingredients and vitamins as well so I want those two on my skin first. I wish a company would produce a good under eye primer that contained vitamins and healing ingredients. What a money making product that would be!!

    ReplyDelete