Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

My April Favorites! Most Used and Most Loved Products of the Month!

I wanted to do my April favorites before the month of May is over! I love love love all of these products and highly recommend them to you.

Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream SPF 6: very moisturizing, lovely scent, and silicone-free. Perfect for normal or normal/dry skin. I will never be without it! Available in SPF 6 or without the SPF. Can be used as a day or night cream and a little goes a long way! Leaves a lovely fresh glow to the face. Scroll down a few posts to see a full review I did.

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel: Rave reviews people. This is a wonderful BHA exfoliant to put on before your nightly moisturizer. It helps to prevent clogged pores and breakouts. It's a very light clear liquid consistency and has lasted me forever! If you don't know Paula's Choice, you should!

Benefit They're Real Mascara: My #1 love that I strayed from for about two months. I'm happy to say I'm back and my lashes are as long, separated, and volumized as ever. The best thing about this mascara is that your lashes will look the exact same at night as they did when you put it on in the morning. No eyelash curler necessary, and no flaking and smudging. Don't apply it like a normal mascara though, hold the wand vertically and watch the magic happen. 

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Tease: This can be found in the Naked2 palette or in a single eyeshadow. Tease is a great milk-chocolate, cool-toned matte that works beautifully as my crease shade and smudged underneath the eyes. This is a great shade for blue or blue/green eyes especially. The formula is amazing, very soft and pigmented. A must-have!

Jordana Fabu-Liner in black: My $1.99 gem, found at Walgreens. This is a pen-style liner, goes on nicely and very black, and lasts all day. It completely blows Revlon's black liner pen out of the water and for a fraction of the price. And if that weren't enough, it also blows away Smashbox liner pen as well. The point is a little tricky to do a perfect wing with but with practice, it rocks. Oh, I did a full-review if you want to look in the sidebar for it.

MakeUpForEver Brow Pencil in Taupe2: A traditional, no frills, brow pencil that does require sharpening and does not come with a spooley brush like a lot of others do. The color is perfect for me, a true ashy taupe with zero red tones. I would say perfect for very blonde blondes that like their brows to have some extra dimension, i.e. not be the same color as their hair. This pencil is very pigmented, glides on very smoothly, and lasts a good while.

NYX Lip Liner in Pale Pink: NYX are my favorite drugstore priced lip liners. They go on very smoothly and I think they even go on better than MAC kohl pencil liners. I would say, better than MAC, not better than Chanel. This is a mauve-pink, perfect for nude lip lovers or for filling in the lip and applying gloss over top. Wait for ULTA to have one of their Buy1 Get1 50% off and grab a couple of them! Otherwise they are around around $4.50-$4.99. Featured in my favorite lip liners post if you'd like to see swatches.

Reel Sexy combined with Myth (left), on its own (right)
MAC Lipstick in Reel Sexy: This is a good one for summer! A beautiful orange-peach in the creamy amplified formula. You can easily tone this shade down to make it appear more of a creamsicle shade which is what I do all the time with MAC Myth. I love to wear this one by applying MAC Subculture lip liner, a layer of Myth, and just pat the Reel Sexy over top. This is a beautiful combination that really brings out blue eyes especially! Also a really cool shade to wear with a turquoise top or dress. No longer available at MAC, but always available on Ebay! Check out a full-review by scrolling through a few of the most recent posts.

These are the Havainanas  I have, slim in silver
Non-Makeup-Related Favorite: My Havainanas Flip Flops (pictured left)! If you are tired of buying cheap-o flip flops that fall apart every year, invest in some Havainanas for around $25 on Zappos. They are so comfortable and great quality. I prefer the slim-style and think they make the foot look more delicate and feminine. I can't stand big bulky flip flops with a lot of foam on the bottom and thick plastic straps on top. My favorites come in silver but they have a variety of shades. I saw Gwen Stefani wearing the silver ones in the latest copy of US Magazine and I was like OMG Gwen is wearing my flip-flops! (she is my fashion crush and my overall ideal woman). The prices vary depending on what style you want but the basic ones are around $25.






No comments:

Post a Comment