Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What's New & Exciting? Smashbox Camera Ready 5-in-1 Beauty Balm SPF 35

That is one long title but that is because this new Smashbox BB cream, sold exclusively by QVC, claims to do a LOT. By now we have all heard of or used BB creams. Originally derived in Asian cultures and then making its way through Europe and other parts of the world, BB Creams are simply fascinating products in their multi-purpose containing qualities. And now it seems that the US is taking notice of this fabulously functional item, namely, Smashbox. Smashbox has created their version if BB Cream and they are calling it the Camera Ready 5-in-1 Beauty Balm SPF 35. I just watched the product demo on QVC tonight and I have to say, I was very intrigued. I have used BB Cream before but I've only tried one Japanese brand and I have yet to make my rounds with other brands. My experience with the one I've tried was that I could never use it as my primary moisturizer in the morning but it gave good coverage and it didn't break me out. Let's hope the new Smashbox version is capable of providing the whole sha-bang.  

The Product Claims:
Moisturizer
Primer, helps makeup to stay on up to  8 hours
Perfector, helps to even out skin-tone and provide a soft and luminous glow
Protection with SPF 35 from UVA/UVB rays
Controls oil and keeps excessive shine at bay throughout the day


Shade selection: Fair, Light, Medium, Dark 

Wow! If it actually DOES what it claims, I'm sold sold sold. Available exclusively at QVC, you can order now and it will ship on July 12th. If you act now, you can get the introductory price ($35) but otherwise it will be $42.
I am positive that Smashbox will not be the first to bring the BB Cream to the US beauty market, soon others will follow in their footsteps. Its pretty much a no-brainer that people would want a product that can do all the things that they would normally have to use separate products to accomplish. I have trouble with the idea that those with really dry skin could use the same product as those with oily skin. I think that BB cream works best for those with normal/oily skin because there isn't near enough moisturizing properties in it (at least what I've tried) to work for those who need more hydration. But I'm willing to give it a shot!

If you are interested in BB Creams and knowing more about them, the different varieties, and application techniques, please see the videos below!


1 comment:

  1. Hi~
    Thanks for replying back to me on makeupalley- I'm so excited to try this BB cream from Smashbox- LOVE your blog- I also have a blog-please check it out! You have a new follower!

    Kelly
    http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete