Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

New Summer Stuff @ Sephora: Lot's of Pretty Things!

I thought I'd show you some of the new stuff out at Sephora right now to kick off summer 2011. A few things caught my eye but I'm sure there were many things that I missed because I haven't been in the store in a while. I tried to get some swatches but they didn't turn out the best and one of the Sephora sales girls was looming over me like I was doing something wrong by testing the products and photographing them. Seems normal to me.

Urban Decay Rollergirl Palette:


This is a super pretty and fun little palette for summer, at a mere $32, you get four great shadows and best of all, the 24/7 liner in the coveted shade, Whiskey and the Lip Junkie gloss in Crush. That's a ton of stuff for $32. Shades included in the palette are: Woodstock (bright pink), Verve (pale oyster), Suspect (sheer bronze), and Darkhorse (dark brown shimmer). And if you can remember when the Whiskey liner was released in conjunction with Zero as dual-ended liner, people flipped for Whiskey and demanded it be sold in its full-size capacity. You asked, you begged, you pleaded, and Urban Decay complied. Whiskey is the perfect brown liner. UD has had some decent brown liners but they just kept missing the mark until Whiskey came along. Ahh... Whiskey, how I adore thee.. a beautiful dark brown, no shimmer, no fuss, no frills, reliable brown that will go with anything. And the shadow's aren't half bad either.

L2R: Darkhorse, Suspect, Verve, Woodstock


Too Faced The Bronzed and the Beautiful:


Too Faced makes some great bronzers. The Chocolate Soleil being the stand-out in my opinion because its a great non-shimmer matte and totally wearable bronzer that smells like chocolate. You just can't go wrong with that combination. But sometimes you feel like wearing a little shimmer and you want to mix things up, right? Well now there is something for everyone all in one with the creation of the Bronzed and the Beautiful. In this palette you get mini-versions of Chocolate Soleil, Sun Bunny, Snow Bunny, and Powdered Sun. If that weren't enough you get some cute little instruction cards and a .17 TF Primed and Poreless face primer. Equipped in one of  the always adorable Too Faced palette boxes for $38.



Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy glossy balm, crystal color:



These are the new YSL glossy lip balms in the always luxurious, fancy-pants packaging that now comes in silver rather than the standard gold. Infused with vitamin and anti-oxidant rich fruit extract, this ultra-light gloss comes in six shades. The shades all look totally gorgeous by the way but that's about all they do for me. If you don't get one of the darker ones, you won't even know there's something on your lips. I tested out the pale shades because that's what I like best and there just wasn't enough color to justify purchasing the Volupte Sheer Candy over a tube of chapstick. Yes, I know, its not a lipstick and its supposed to come off sheer but thats a whole lot of money to spend for hydration alone. Now, I will say, the darker shades did give off sheer color so this may make up for the cost but if you're a nude lover like myself, don't expect much.

The Word on the (Sephora) Street..

And by the way, if you do have your Sephora Beauty Insider points racked up to 500 and you still want that Too Faced "eye love" palette, I know that it is very very limited with in store quantities. I hear that many stores have been sold out of it for quite some time with no re-stocking and have no alternatives right now to offer as 500 point perks. But, it is still available if you place an online order so get moving on that because its a great palette. And, a little birdie in the shape of a Sephora sales girl told me that Sephora is doing more make-up perks because that is what the customers want. I was so sick of seeing skin care after skin care after cleansers after moisturizers, give me some damn make-up would ya? Someone must be listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment