Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Mini Review: Le Metier Color Core Lipstick in Palm Springs

I have built up the Le Metier lipstick in my mind for months. In my mind, it was the greatest lipstick known to man and my life would be utterly empty without adding it to my collection. Having heard rave review after rave review about the Color Core lipstick and its myriad of gorgeous and unique shades, I was convinced that as soon as it touched my lips they would turn to gold. What made it even more lust-worthy was that it isn't really all that accessible. And we (or maybe just me) always want what we can't have. I kept putting it off because I am super impatient and totally compulsive and when I want something I want it now and if I have a gift card or extra money, I want to buy something that I can immediately have and not wait for it to be shipped to me. My Nordstrom doesn't have the Le Metier line in their store, just online.  But when I got a Nordstrom gift card for my birthday, it was an invitation just begging for an RSVP. I did it. I took the plunge and purchased the coveted Le Metier Color Core lipstick in shade, Palm Springs. I went back and forth between which shade to get and ultimately settled on one that is described as "peachy pink" or "pinky nude". So it arrived today and as I ripped the box open and found my little gem, I was getting excited for the lipstick love affair that was about to bloom. It was just me, my mirror, and my Le Metier. And ultimately, me and my mirror were left a little disappointed. 

Things I liked:

-The packaging is sleek and classy
-The shade selection is great
-I like how they name their lipsticks after exotic locations
-It wasn't drying and most lippies described as a stain are very drying
-Palm Springs is a nice color, similar to MAC Creme Cup
-Decent staying power

Things I didn't like:

-Color pigmentation wasn't that great on Palm Springs, not sure if they are all like this. I needed several swipes to get some good color payoff. 
-The texture is nothing special, not thick or thin. It seemed a tad waxy, had a hard time building the color to show up better.
-No scent. I happen to like scented lipsticks.
-Price, for $32 I expect something special like what I get when I use an Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme lipstick for the same price.
-The staying power is decent but the actual lipstick wears off quick and leaves the stain which is the part that stays. 
-This is called a moisturizing lipstick and is infused with things like Shea Butter and Jojoba, but I honestly wouldn't have ever guessed that just by using it without prior knowledge.
-Described as creamy and I didn't feel it was creamy at all. 

Photo Credit: Lovesong for my Lipgloss, Palm Springs is third from the end. The other shades are probably more pigmented because of the depth of their color, so I really can't complain that my shade came off too light!

I don't know if I'd spend another $32 to try a different shade. I don't know if my shade is just a less pigmented one because of its pale pink color, or if they all go on semi-sheer. Overall, disappointed and much more willing to purchase two MAC lipsticks for one Le Metier. I am not going to totally give up on the brand, as I've heard great things about their glosses and eye pencils so there may still be hope yet.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely colour!
    Nice blog
    Comment and follow and I'll follow back?
    Inkfashionclothing.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete