Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And the Oscar For "Most Perfect Person on the Red Carpet" Goes To.....


What was Ryan Reynold's thinking? I really hope it was ScarJo's idea to do the dumping because there is no way that a man with a working penis, gay men included, would put this woman back out on the market. But even if it was her idea, what was RR thinking to allow himself to become the kind of man that gets the boot from this stunning creature? Miss Scarlet always had my vote for one of the single sexiest ladies in Hollywood (remember her appearance in that Justin Timberlake video? H-O-T) and now she has my vote for the best overall red carpet look at the 2011 Academy Awards. The make-up, the hair, the dress, the way the eye shadow looks against the shade of her dress. It all just works. So I sat and stared intently at Miss J's face trying to figure out if that was a shade of eyeshadow that I was either familiar with or that I had something similar to. At first I was thinking Mac Amber Lights but it just wasn't rusty enough. But then I found out the magic shade was Stromboli, from the Dolce and Gabbana Smooth Eye Color Quad. Hard to believe it was just one shadow paired up with some gold in the corners of the eyes and basic black or brown smudged eye liner to create a look that had many in the beauty community taking sides. Personally speaking, I am on the LOVE side. But love it or hate it, that single rusty metallic eyeshadow up against that dark pink toned dress, the sexy shag with the loose waves on top and bangin' curves on the bottom were the very definition of fashion and edge. As for the actual awards show.... well..... I never actually make it that far into the evening. Up until recently I found out that the actual awards portion is a whole separate event that takes place after the fashion coverage. Well, how was I supposed to know? I mean, the red carpet pre-show portion is approximately 3 days and 22 hours long while the awards segment is like 3 or 4. Clearly the time spent watching the celebrities walk, mingle, and look amazing is the real show. The rest of it is just background noise. So thank you, Scarlett Johansson for waking me up during an otherwise yawn inducing event. And I'm pretty sure Dolce & Gabbana thanks you to for being the sole reason that their Stromboli quad flies off the shelves this week. Or that an eyeshadow name that reminds us strictly of a pizza filled dough creation would be so appealing. 
                                            


 




  <------ Hot and Happy!

                   
Hot and NOT!------>




No comments:

Post a Comment