Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nordstrom Haul: Bobbi Brown + MAC = Good Times!

Not Pictured, MAC Prep and Prime Lip
I've had two gift cards that have been burning a hole in my Louis Vuitton for at least two weeks. Which is an eternity to wait when you have money to spend and you don't have to decide between saving it and doing something useful with it or indulging in guilty pleasures. Gift cards are pretty much guilt free. I did toy with the idea of buying shoes or jewelry (GREAT sales this past Saturday), but in the end, it was makeup that won (again). Usually when I have a gift card, I like to try a new brand that I haven't used before. This time that brand was Bobbi Brown. Nope, never tried a single item from the BB line! I knew I wanted a lipstick because that is always my entry level item when breaking into a new brand. So what all did I choose?

Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF 12, Bare Pink: Very nice, creamy, opaque lip color with decent staying power. It is creamy and smooth like an Hourglass lipstick (HG) and it wears that way until it wears away. Plus an SPF 12 is amazing and something that I wish all of my lipsticks included. The shade, Bare Pink, is so so similar to my Hourglass Grace which is a beautiful warm nude-pink. Do you ever notice that you keep buying the same color over and over again in different brands? Well, I do. Oh, its odorless which I don't enjoy because I like a sweet (MAC-like) scent to my lipstick. 



From L to R, Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF 12 Bare Pink, Bobbi Brown Metallic Cream Shadow, Sand Dollar, MAC Plushglass, Nice Buzz
Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow, Sand Dollar: I've heard great things about these and I've been on a cream shadow kick lately because I've been into just wearing a wash of one shade on my eyes to keep it simple. These suckers don't budge. They go on creamy but they set fast and then you will have a hard time blending. I have applied them both with my finger and a brush and I prefer the finger method to get more color pay-off. Sand Dollar is a silvery-taupe, similar to Benefit's Creaseless Cream shadow in "Birthday Suit". What I like about the BB cream shadows is that you can still apply your pencil eyeliner on top of them without the shadow surface being too waxy for the liner to go on smooth and without compromising the color pay-off. You really do not need an eye primer with these because they are your primer + eyeshadow in one. Very practical item that I am glad I added to my collection.


MAC Prep and Prime (Lip): 
I really enjoyed my Too Faced Lip Primer, minus the scent. It really helped my lipsticks grab onto the slightly tacky surface and give great staying power. Ya know when your lip stick is just too slippery and greasy feeling to last very long? The Too Faced primer really helped to increase the longevity. MAC P&P glides on like a lip balm rather than a liquid and while it doesn't give as tacky as a texture, it does help to create a smooth surface for the lipstick to glide on to. I have noticed that it doesn't help lengthen the wear of my lipstick as well as the TF but I do like it and will continue to use it. One plus is that it doesn't have a gross smell that lingers after you've put in on your lips. 


MAC Plushglass, Nice Buzz: 
I really love the Plushglass formula. I used to be a loyal Lipglass girl until I tried the "Big Baby" Plushglass and my loyalty shifted. I really love the scent of the Plush formula, that warm vanilla spice. Although the Plushglasses are sheer, I feel they are thicker and you don't need as much. For those that think the lipglass is too sticky, the Plush may be a good alternative. Unless your lips are overly sensitive to the tingling sensation, which by the way, isn't that overbearing. "Nice Buzz" is a basic sheer and semi-clear gloss with flecks of gold and a hint of champagne color. Its a perfect gloss to wear over most any lipstick because it adds shine and a pretty sheen without changing or over powering the color of your lipstick. One drawback is that they are more $$ than a lipglass, around $19 or so. Either $18.50 or $19.50? See photo above for swatch.




I'd say my Nordstrom Haulage was absolute success. Do you want some new products? How about some new MAC products? How about THREE brand new MAC products like a lipstick, an MSF, and a Mineralize Blush? That you don't have to pay for? See details below!


Win THREE prizes from the new MAC Semi-Precious collection, see link below for instructions! Unnatural Beauty: A Humorous and Opinionated Beauty Blog: July Contest Time! Enter to Win Some New Goodies From MAC Semi-Precious

No comments:

Post a Comment