Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

Nail of the Day + Mini Review: Revlon Just Tinted Nail Enamel (Victorian)

It is apparent that lip stains are all the rage with brands like Revlon and Covergirl as well as higher-end brands like Tarte. But a nail stain? Have to admit, that is a brand new concept for this nail polish junkie. Along with their lip stains, Revlon created a line of "Just Tinted" nail polishes that are supposed to provide a sheer wash of color for girls that want something on their nails but don't want to fully commit. While in Walgreen's, I contemplated trying this product and trying to decide which shade to get. The shades are all very pretty, I might add. I ended up with Victorian, a bright, watermelon, pink.


The Finish of the Revlon Just Tinted polish:
Remember when OPI came out with their Matte Suede polishes and they dried to a really flat color with no sheen? It was almost like the texture of a marker that seemed to just melt into your nail and become a part of it rather than something that was put over top of it. The Revlon nail stain mimics the texture and appearance of something like that. Its almost like what happens when you dry your polish in a bowl of ice old water (if you don't do this already, it works to set the polish) and briefly the shine disappears and you are left with with a foggier version of the sheen. Am I confusing you yet? Well one thing I am not confused about is whether I like the look of it. I had ZERO hope for this product, but I gotta say, I like it. And I almost never like gimicky drugstore products, but this one is pretty cool. The Victorian shade does provide a vibrant color after two coats while maintaining the sheerness quality. I wouldn't over-do it with the coats though because I think that detracts from the overall purpose of a "nail tint". If you wanted something opaque, you wouldn't buy a nail tint right?


How Does it Wear?
I am updating this part now that I've had the polish on for a few days. You can't get away with wearing this without a top coat because it will fade right off. It doesn't chip, it fades, which is the oddest thing. But it looks better than chipping! I have zero chipping but the polish starting to wear at the tips which is something that almost immediately happened the day I first put it on. Overall, with a good top coat, its still worth buying. For a nail tint, it wears better than the regular Revlon polish formula, I have to say. But what doesn't?


Shade Selection: 
Very pretty! A great selection of beautiful summery pinks, plums, and I do believe an orange-toned shade as well. I would love to try more, I've got my eye on "Dawn" which is the orange-tone I mentioned. There is a photo of both Victorian and Dawn on someone's nails that are way prettier than mine!


Price: I paid $4.99 at Walgreens today

Photo Credit above, http://sassy-fashionista.blogspot.com/2011/07/revlons-just-tinted-nail-polish.html

Above are my nails after 2 coats without a top coat to show you what the natural finish is, below you can see what a top coat looks like over the nail tint.


Photo Credit: http://www.kewtified.com/2011/06/revlon-just-tinted.html (above and below) Shades Victorian (above) and Dawn (below)

Photo Credit http://www.kewtified.com/2011/06/revlon-just-tinted.html, Just Tinted by Revlon in Dawn + top coat


DON'T FORGET LADIES, THERE ARE 9 MORE DAYS TO ENTER THE JULY CONTEST! THREE FABULOUS PRIZES FROM THE MAC SEMI-PRECIOUS COLLECTION, LINK IS IN THE SIDEBAR! PLUS CHECK OUT MY UPDATED BLOG SALE, LINK ALSO IN THE SIDEBAR!

1 comment:

  1. COOL! I wanna try these :) I love the lipstains haha. Oh btw! I just posted my first youtube vid.. it'snot a tutorial or anything.. more like a slideshow of my storage and collection but just thought i'd let you know lol. hopefully you can spread the word :)

    you can find it here:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/jjaaaaam?feature=mhee

    thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete