Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

All the Rage: Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation


Have you guys seen this stuff yet? If you are addicted to QVC, you may have. It's not sold in stores and I've heard that it is hard to find through Tarte as well, but when I asked about it at Ulta, I was told that it has had a lot of inquiries as to when they will carry it. I know you can find it at QVC but not by itself.. and just recently was sold in a 3-piece set with a foundation brush and finishing powder that literally sold like wildfire. The only shade that was left after about 15 minutes was "Deep". The foundation brush that goes with it is pretty amazing and applies the foundation beautifully from what I can tell. I was interested to see how the foundation performed so of course I watched the QVC presentation. It truly looked like an airbrushed finish and definitely provided the coverage that one looks for in a full coverage foundation. Plus its by Tarte so you know you are not getting any Parabens, Sulfates, Mineral Oil, or other ingredients deemed unhealthy for your skin. I'm slowly jumping on the Tarte bandwagon having only really used their cheek stains and clay blushes in the past. I am now the proud owner of their Lights Camera Lashes mascara which I'm digging. My point is, if you are looking for a new full coverage foundation, this may be one to try. You can buy it on QVC with the foundation brush (heavenly) for around $34, or get on the wait list for the 3-piece that comes with the two same items plus the Amazonian Clay Micronized Finishing Powder for around $44 (huuuge deal!). The shades are: Light, Medium, Tan, and Deep. The shades are said to be fairly forgiving if you have to go up or down a shade. I always find, if your shade is too light, pile on the bronzer or a darker setting powder. But that usually doesn't work if you are "deep" and trying to use "light".

You should check out the video on QVC by visiting this link and clicking on "Video" where the photos are. I tried to find one through YouTube but they didn't have the QVC presentation which is more professional looking than Joe Shmoe's haul video and 30 second demo of the foundation application.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?view=2&app=detail&params=item^A218577,RecTypeInd^IOFFER,navlist^A218577*A215554*A212696*,cp^detail,tmp^related,cpprod^A216501,cm_scid^dtlr&walk=&cmtags=

No comments:

Post a Comment