Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

What's New at Sephora?

I decided to peruse the Sephora website after what seems like an eternity since last purchasing from them. And of course, there are a lot of new things that are tempting me. You do know that the only sure fire way to get rid of temptation is to give into it right? Sounds like a perfectly logical idea to me. I thought I'd share a few of the newest goodies that have caught my eye recently. Do tell if you have tried any of these products and let me know what you think!

Sephora Microsmooth Blush Duo: I hear that this product is fantastic. It's a blush duo that includes a matte satin shade on one side and then a lumizing shade on the other. You can swirl them together or use them separate. They are super duper pigmented, infused with spring water, shaped by hand, and then cooked to perfection. Available in six shades and $17USD.

LORAC Pro Powder Cheek Stain: I love Lorac blushes so I'm guessing these new ones are probably pretty good. The latest blush release from Lorac is infused with antioxidants of vitamins A, C, E and green tea and pomegranate, grape seed, and aloe. Lorac also claims that this blush will last for 12 hours of wear. Available in five shades, $20USD.

NARS Foreplay: How can you talk about amazing blush without the word NARS? Well, actually you can because there are a lot of good ones out there. Nevertheless, the latest release by NARS in the blush category is called Foreplay. This is a palette containing four shades for the face, three blush and one highlighting powder. There are four total squares that vary in size, the largest of which is occupied by the infamous Orgasm blush and the other three are apparently not important enough to earn a name. NARS refers to these shades as a matte peach blush, gold highlighting blush, pink matte blush, and good ole' Orgasm which is peachy-pink with shimmer. I will admit I just think the palette looks really cool but  for $49? Not so sure its worth it. 

Dior Gold Jungle Essentials for Radiant Eyes & Lips: Shut up. This thing is so dang cute I wouldn't even want to use it for fear of lessening the artistic merit of this creation. This is a limited edition palette consisting of some warm toned golden browns, both matte and satin formulas, and a nude gloss. I really don't like lip gloss palettes or lip glosses in palettes because they get all nasty looking and remind me of gloppy gloopy germy tester products at cosmetics counters. And coming as no surprise to me, this limited edition gem will run you $70USD.

Urban Decay Smoked Eyeshadow Palette: The latest palette from UD includes 10 of their newly reformulated shadows in a multitude of shades used to create the ever popular smokey eye. Yes, you get the black and grey tones that are thought of as the more traditional smokey eye colors but there are some really nice modern colors thrown in there too for a little something different. The palette and a mini shadow primer come inside of this little zip up black case which is super cute and will cost you $49USD

No comments:

Post a Comment