Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mini Review: Laura Geller I-Care Waterproof Eyeliner in Cafe Mocha

I am disappointed completely with this product. I was excited to try it after having seen it presented on QVC not too long ago. I purchased the liner in Cafe Mocha which is a nice dark brown. A color that seemed to only be present for maybe an hour before it disappeared. There are two pro's to this eyeliner: 1. The twist-up application mechanism, no sharpeners necessary and 2.The way it applies is very smooth and lovely, no tugging necessary. But that,my friends, is where the happiness ends and utter disappointment begins.

Laura claims this stuff is waterproof. I highly doubt it. Now, I didn't go swimming so I can't say for certain but if something doesn't last while in air conditioning all day and zero strenuous activity, then I don't have hope for more challenging surroundings. And it isn't like it smudged and got all messy under my eyes, because that would imply that there was product there to smudge. It was the weirdest thing, as though the liner just kind of evaporated. You could see it fading lighter and lighter throughout the day until there was not much left. 

I don't need my eyeliner to be waterproof. I just want it to stay put! Its kind of like buying a house that claims to be "Tsunami- Proof" but yet can't survive a common rain storm. Like, stop with the big bold claims and just give us something that lasts the day and stays true to its original color and placement. Come on now Laura Geller, you can do better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment