Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Attention (Unnatural) Blondes! Cheap Toning Shampoo Alert: Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless Shampoo

I picked this up recently after seeing it in the drugstore for around $5. I have tried the John Freda purple toning shampoos for blondes and I wasn't overly impressed. I never seemed to notice that it did any brightening or brassiness eliminating. So rather than purchase a really expensive salon brand, I thought I'd give Jhirmack a try. I will preface this by saying that I will only use this shampoo once a week because of the sulfates. I already give my hair a run for its money with all the coloring and heat tool usage, I don't need to add fuel to the fire. Bottom line though, I like this stuff.

What It Claims to Do (as quoted from Drugstore.com):
"Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless Shampoo For Gray, Blonde, Bleached or Highlighted Hair With age comes wisdom and now thanks to Jhirmack®, so does luxurious hair! Jhirmack® Distinctions Silver Plus is a complete hair care regimen that will revitalize your gray, blonde, bleached or highlighted hair. For better results use with other Jhirmack® Distinctions Silver Plus products. Silver Plus Ageless Shampoo features a unique formula rich in antioxidants that boosts texture and softness with a natural anti-aging properties. This color-safe shampoo also neutralizes brassy, yellow tones while enhancing highlights and improving your hair's elasticity. Green Tea Extract and Folic Acid help strengthen and condition your hair, while CoQ10 helps shield hair from color fading, and damage caused by styling and environmental stressors"

PRO'S:
-I noticed that my hair looked brighter after just one wash. I noticed that my blonde was brighter and blonder in certain areas like closer to my scalp. 

-I like the smell. I think its a love/hate smell though as its fairly fragrant. The scent lingered in my entire bathroom too. 

-Price! For around $4.99, you get a whole lot of shampoo. This bottle will certainly last me a while.

CON'S:
-After I rinsed out the shampoo, before I conditioned, my hair was drier than a pile of straw on a 100 degree day. Wow, SO dry! But let me qualify this statement by saying that I'm not used to shampoo that lathers and suds up. I have been using the Wen Cleansing Conditioner for a few months now and therefor have gone lather-free for quite some time. This product may not be as drying on those that are used to normal shampoo. However, once I put a conditioner on, and did my usual styling routine, it wasn't dry at all. 

-It's not Sulfate-Free :(

No comments:

Post a Comment