Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

What's In My Mailbox? My Recent Makeup Purchases


Its been about a week since my last post. I haven't thought too much about makeup lately because I haven't been wearing any makeup lately. Oh the horror! I told you I've been using the Retin A. Well, the Dermatologist failed to mention the part about how it would make my face break out, peel, and look like I've suffered a major sunburn. Nope, she simply told me how to use it and how often and that was it. But I'm sticking with it. That is a very hard thing to do for a vain person such as myself and someone who gets excited to apply makeup in the morning. But all is not lost. I can still wear lipstick and I have a couple of new ones to show you!

MAC Playing Koi:
This is from the new Quite Cute collection. Playing Koi is a satin formula lipstick, a milky-peach toned shade. If you aren't careful with this color, you could look like you just applied chalk to your lips. I highly recommend pairing it with the Bubble Tea Plushglass, also new in the collection. Together, they are beautiful and make a gorgeous combination for the summer. If you are a fan of Myth, you will like Playing Koi. If Myth makes you look like a corpse even after paired with a gloss, then please pass this one by.

Playing Koi is the first one pictured


Tarte Dollface, Mac Playing Koi, LQ Saint Pink, Mac Bubble-Tea

MAC Bubble Tea Plushglass:
This shade is a peachy-beige tone and is relatively sheer. Those of you familiar with other shades in the permanent line may think its similar to Big Baby. Personally, I think it has more beige than Big Baby and gives off enough color to be noticed without a lipstick underneath of it. A gorgeous neutral gloss infused with Vitamin E, this one is a must-have and one of my very favorites of the collection. This is one of those shades that any skin tone can pull off. If your lips are ultra-sensitive, you may want to try it first at the Mac counter before buying due to its tingling properties.


Lipstick Queen Saint Pink:
My first experience with LQ lipstick was a good one, although I was aiming for more of a neutral shade the first time and ended up with a much more bold color. I wanted to get it right this time and so I ordered Saint Pink. For a supposedly sheer lipstick, there is very good color payoff. Much more than the Lipstick Queen would have you think. The texture of this lipstick is divine. You don't need a lip balm under it or a gloss over it because the lipstick takes care of these concerns all on its own. Saint Pink is a mid-tone pink and shows up as a berry-pink tone on my semi-pigmented lips. If you want a really comfortable and hydrating lipstick, this line is definitely worth a try.


Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush Dollface:
Exclusive to Sephora, this new Tarte blush line comes in a variety of beautiful shades and is said to last 12 hours without oxidizing or wearing off. Personally, I haven't put it to this test yet because my face is red enough on its own from the Retin A. No need to add fuel to the fire at this point. Tarte is one of those brands that uses only pure and natural ingredients in their products and this one is no exception. Infused with natural clay from the Amazonian River and naturally baked by the sun, this blush is perfect for both dry and oily skin. Reason being that the clay has hydrating properties as well as the ability to minimize oil to keep the blush in place. Wow. That's a hell of a lot of effort to put forth to create a blush. We've come a long way since the days when women would pinch their own cheeks to create redness and give the appearance of color. Available in a variety of shades from coral to plums to pinks, you will have a hard time deciding which one to choose!


L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes:
Not a fan of drug-store mascaras, I bought this one out of desperation when I forgot my mascara at home on a day that I needed to take my makeup on the go. Not one to get too upset when I am forced to buy makeup, I enthusiastically perused the different choices at the drugstore before settling on this one. I have always preferred L'Oreal over the other drugstore brands when it came to mascara but I didn't have high hopes for this one. The brush is of the plastic and flexible variety and these are not my favorite. Despite all of this, I really like this mascara. Oddly enough, I even like the smell. The brush is designed to coat every single one of your lashes and make them appear very volumized. I know that mascaras are a pretty subjective thing when it comes to the way they work for some very well and others not so well. I can say that for my lashes, this mascara went on very black, lengthened and volumized, and didn't smell disgusting. What more can you expect from a mascara? Compared to the regular L'Oreal Voluminous, the Voluminous Million formula isn't as runny or messy and you can apply coat after coat before it hardens up and makes this difficult to get away with. I will admit that after the first coat, I wasn't impressed. However, after the second and third I really started to see my lashes come to life. A+++

No comments:

Post a Comment