Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

MAC Pink Friday VS. MAC Candy Yum-Yum: Which One's Hotter?

Nikki Minaj wearing her go-to lipstick: Pink Friday
(L toR) Viva Glam 5, On Hold, Speed Dial, Pink Friday, Myth, Saint Germaine, Snob
So a few of you have asked me for a swatch of Pink Friday. If you can recall, Pink Friday was the exclusive lipstick co-designed by Nikki Minaj for Mac Cosmetics. It was sold on a weekly basis, on Friday's, until supplies ran out. Supplies didn't last very long. It was not sold in stores and is typically hard to get a hold of now. In the beginning of the PF craze, you could find it on Ebay for anywhere from $50-$80. Now that the dust has settled, you can probably find one for under $40. If you are a fan of cool-toned bright pinks, you will want to try to get this one.

From L to R, Pink Friday, Myth, Saint Germaine
Personally, it doesn't differ a whole lot from Saint Germaine (which is available again in the Quite Cute collection). Pink Friday has a bit more magenta in it than SG. I have swatched most of my Mac pink lipsticks so that you can compare.

Pink Friday (above)

Candy Yum-Yum on Left
As a bright-pink lover, I can't wait to get my Candy Yum-Yum lipstick! Its currently sold out on the Mac website which makes me appreciate that I have one even more. I have a feeling CYY will blow Pink Friday out of the pink water and will become my new go-to bright pink. I have a gazillion pinks and each one differs from the next, sometimes only slightly. I was curious to see how PF measures up to CYY and it looks like Pink Friday is a rather understated pink compared to the neon knockout, Candy Yum-Yum.  Have a look..

Candy Yum-Yum (above) Pink Friday (below)

1 comment: