Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

OPI Nikki Minaj Collection: Save Me

I was absolutely drooling when I saw the Nikki Minaj magazine AD wearing Save Me from her OPI collection. A really bright platinum silver with silver micro-shimmer and flecks of what appeared to be glitter but not in the traditional sense. I was able to snag the mini's collection today.

There is one thing I really hate about sharing a bathroom with my husband. Back up, what does this have to do with anything? Wait for it.... .... We each have our own sink but let's face it, both sinks are mine. Sometimes when I lean up against the counter space over his sink to look closer in the mirror or to clean, I come away with a bazillion of his little short, sharp, course hairs from shaving stuck all over me. If you have ever had this experience, you know these little suckers are kind of hard to just simply brush off. Just when you think you've gotten them all, there's five more stuck to your hand. As I was painting my nails with Save Me and noticed those long blue strands of confetti in the polish, I got an unwelcomed flashback of my husband's shaving remnants. Aside from that, I do enjoy the very fine silver micro-shimmer. It doesn't remind me of any bad bathroom behavior. 

P.S. I find that this polish looks best on its own, not over another polish, and 3 coats is a must. The strands of "confetti" can get a little messy so you have to watch for the strays and put them in check when they go outside of the nail area.

Save Me, photo credit www.imabeautygeek.com

Photo credit www.imabeautygeek.com (above)
Photo found on www.her-styleshop.com (above)

2 comments:

  1. stumbled across your blog from www.rehabmywardrobe.com. Love it! I haven't been keeping up-to-date on beauty products in the past few years and finding lots of cool new products on here! Thanks!

    www.evolutionofmars.com

    ReplyDelete