Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Review: Essie Pink-a-Boo from the Resort 2012 Collection

I have a new favorite nail polish! Move over OPI Sweetheart, make room for Essie Pink-a-Boo. I absolutely love nail polish that has that super fine micro-shimmer in that it doesn't exactly sparkle...it glimmers. Pink-a-Boo is a cool-toned pale pink but not as pale as Essie Ballet Slippers or OPI Bubblebath and with tons of very fine shimmer. Think Nicole by OPI's Kim-Pletely in Love from the Kardashian collection but way better. I am a fan of using multiple coats to get my desired capacity which is achieved in four coats but its possible some may prefer three. The photos I'm including are from ommorphiabeautybar.com and she applied three thin coats to achieve the look in the second photo below. For the life of me, I couldn't get that shimmer to show up in my own photos and thus, using them may have prompted one to believe that this shade is not all I've hyped it up to be. And I can't have that. So I found the best possible representation of how the color actually looks and the pictures still don't capture all of the pizazz. If you're interested in the other shades released with this collection, I suggest you visit the link provided with the photos below.
Image taken from http://ommorphiabeautybar.com/2012/02/13/essie-resort-2012-collection-first-look-swatches-review-2/
Image taken from http://ommorphiabeautybar.com/2012/02/13/essie-resort-2012-collection-first-look-swatches-review-2/

If you haven't done so already, there is one more day to enter my Urban Decay Naked2 Palette Contest! So sign up to follow my blog and follow the Naked2 palette pictured at the top of the sidebar to the right!

1 comment: