Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Review for Chanel Ombre Essentielle No. 90 Fauve Single Eyeshadow

This is a quickie review for a Chanel single eyeshadow in the shade Fauve No. 90 which was released as part of the Sophisticated Eye Collection and can be purchased for $28.50 at Chanel counters (Nordstrom, Macy's, Neimen Marcus, SAKS, etc) and Chanel.com. Fauve is a really beautiful and unique color in that it is a silvery-taupe-mauve-lavender kind of shade all rolled into one with shimmer. The texture is kind of grainy which I'm not in love with 100% but the prettiness of the color and the fact that its Chanel makes up for it. Chanel could release table salt and call it loose eyeshadow and I would probably buy it. But on the flip side, Chanel does packaging very well and you always get a pretty velvet pouch with their eyeshadows so it helps justify the price if you ask me. So if you're the kind of gal that likes her neutrals but wants something with a little extra something that makes a great all over wash of color, lid color, or to blend out a darker shadow for a smoky eye, you will like Fauve.
Photo taken by me, wearing Essie Mochachino
Photo taken by me, with flash (above)
Photo taken by me, with flash (above)

Photo taken by me, no flash (above)


Photo courtesy of Cafe Makeup (above)


1 comment: