Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Eye of the Day! Fresh Spring Bronzey Look with a Hint of Teal + Coral Lips

Inspired by the beautiful warm weather today, I thought I'd add some spring zing to my look by trying to make use of my utter disappointment of a product, "Maybelline Color Tattoo" in Tenacious Teal. I refused to be the only one in the makeup-lovin' world that didn't like these shadows. I have posted about it twice so I don't want to beat a dead horse but let's just say I tried it twice with the same creased results. Rather than admit I wasted my money (twice), I thought I'd try this product out as a liner and so that's what I did for this look. When I think of summery looks, I always think of bronzes, corals, and turquoise. So I tried to use a bit of all three in this look. But the coral lip using MAC Hibiscus (Surf Baby Collection) didn't come across as coral as much as it did RED, even when I used Myth underneath to take it down a notch. Pictures aren't the greatest but I'm trying. Here's what I used!

Eyes!
Urban Decay Primer Potion, Greed (the gold shimmery one)
Tarte Shimmering Bronze Waterproof  CreamEyeshadow up to the crease (tested by the US Women's Water Polo team with very good results)
Bare Escentuals The Truth quad, the silvery-taupe shade in the crease and to blend out the cream shadow with the darkest shade in the outer-v area
Maybelline Color Tattoo Tenacious Teal (for eyeliner on upper and lower lash line)
Prestige Waterproof Retractable liner in brown smudged a bit on upper and lower lash line prior to the teal
Kat Von D Sinful-lash Mascara
YBF brow pencil, taupe
Anastasia clear brow gel

Lips!
Boots 7 nude lip liner
MAC Myth (for a light base to de-brighten the lip)
MAC Hibiscus lipstick

Face!
Missha Cho-bo Yang BB Cream
Bare Escentuals Mineral veil
Lorac Baked Matte Satin blush in Exposed
YSL Touche Eclat for under eye area







1 comment: