Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Drugstore Gem: Prestige "My Biggest Lashes" Mascara

Who isn't always on the search for the next best mascara? Even when we do find our Holy Grail mascara, we keep our minds open to the possibility of replacing it. After all, Holy Grail only means that it has that status until the next best thing comes along, making it virtually disposable. What if we treated our husbands and boyfriends like we do our mascara? Seemingly committed but with the option of replacement at any given moment. You love that person, he's the best you've ever found, you couldn't imagine life without that person, but you'd dump him in a second if someone better came along. There is no solid commitment to a mascara. If I love Benefit They're Real so much and think its the best mascara that has ever graced my lashes, why was I wandering over to the Prestige section looking for "My Biggest Lashes" while at ULTA the other day? Because there is always that possibility that something else works better. And its that possibility that has us on that endless search for the perfect mascara.

That being said, Prestige My Biggest Lashes is not better than Benefit They're Real. But it's pretty dang good. And its on sale RIGHT NOW at ULTA for around $3. The regular price of $5+ won't break the bank either. 

Photo Credit: http://www.productrater.blogspot.com
What It's All About: Prestige is sold at Rite-Aid and ULTA. I really like their eyeliner so I wasn't hesitant to try the mascara when I read the reviews on MakeupAlley.com. Prestige not only has "My Biggest Lashes" but also "My Longest Lashes" and "My Blackest Lashes". Since I prefer volume over anything else, I chose the first one. 

The Brush: The brush is big and fat but not too big and fat. I like big brushes so this is OK by me. Makes it a tad hard to get the lower lashes without a little messiness going on but I can live with that.

Formula: Gathers a bit on the brush which can cause some more messiness. The consistency is rather wet but this doesn't have a negative effect if you kind of wipe the brush with paper towel upon application. This isn't waterproof and I didn't see the option for waterproof.

The Results: Volume! You do have to wait a minute in between coats because of the wetness quality I mentioned above. Which makes the mascara fairly buildable. I like that because I don't want my lashes to crisp up before I'm ready to quit layering the mascara on. No flaking on me throughout the day and the curl has held its shape after about 6 hours of wear. Not a huge amount of length but not totally useless in this department either. 

The Reviews: On Makeupalley.com, out of 243 reviews it was given an average of 4.1/5 and 75% would buy again. This is very good for mascara reviews.

If you love L'Oreal Voluminous, you should like this mascara. It's similar in the formula and results. And its cheaper! It's also comparable in the sense that Voluminous also comes out really wet at first until you use it for a while and it performs better. 


Overall Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment