Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Looking for a Drugstore Dupe for Dior Contour Lip Liner Pencil in Linen?

I absolutely love Dior Lip Liners. They are the best in my opinion because they last a long time, glide on smoothly, and really have a beautiful color selection. My favorite Dior Lip Liner, hands down, is Linen. Linen is a neutral nude-y brown tone that makes the lips appear fuller when its blended in and worn with a nude or nude-pink color. The Dior liners are around $30 which is pricy so I thought I'd show you what I think is a good dupe for Linen that can be found in the drugstore. It is the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Liner in Toffee. I think this shade is very close but slightly cooler than Linen which I actually really love. Please note, the Linen is photographing a bit warmer than it actually looks. 

Now, the consistency of the L'Oreal is much different than Dior. It is much more slick and doesn't wear as long but it's a great color. The tip is to apply this on and slightly outside of the natural lip liner very carefully, apply your lipstick in a nude shade over the lip liner and then blend out the liner into the lipstick so that it doesn't look harsh. A lip brush works great to blend but you can also use your finger. If your skin tone is darker, you won't have to blend much. You know what I'm talking about when I say harsh, think of really bad 90's lips when girls would wear a burgundy lip liner and then a really light pink frosty lipstick. Ugh. That visual is too much to bear. The L'Oreal Toffee can be found where the Color Riche lipsticks are in the drugstore. Sometimes they pair the liners with the shade of lipsticks they go with so this one is found in the "browns". 

Please note: fair skinned and lighter complexions CAN wear these colors. It's all in how you apply them and what you pair them with. These shades work best when you are trying to make your lips appear fuller but I wouldn't necessarily use this type of color to fill in my entire lip or anything unless I had a much darker complexion. **I'm MAC NW 25.

Lipsticks that I like pairing these liners with: Dior Rouge Dior in #123, Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Charmed (you need to blend that liner to make this work if you're fair/light!), Dior Rouge Dior #298 Beige Indecise, Tom Ford Lipstick Nude Vanill, L'Oreal Caresse Lipstick in Sheer Linen (absolutely beautiful shade on anyone). 

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Liner Toffee (Top), Dior Contour Lip Liner Linen (Bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment