Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Lipstick for Everyone! My Current Favorite From Too Faced

I may have mentioned this lipstick briefly in a previous post but allow me to reiterate. I have been enjoying the Too Faced lipstick in "Centerfold" ($20) for quite some time now and I thought it was my duty as a beauty informant to tell you about it. This was my first Too Faced lipstick and I am quite impressed. I don't normally go for those cutesy gimicky brands with all of the fancy packaging, although they are quite pleasing to the eye. However, I have come to realize that Too Faced makes a fantastic lipstick. The formula is pretty much perfect in that it is formulated with Shea Butter and other hydrating components that make it so comfortable and totally non-drying. Honestly its the perfect consistency and what I love is that the formula doesn't emphasize any of your lip imperfections like flaky and dry patches (:cough:like some MAC lipsticks can). And it has a pleasant fragrance which oddly enough, kind of smells like beer if you really concentrate on the scent long enough to experience those fragrance notes. Call me crazy, it still smells good. I apologize to Too Faced for thinking I was too good for its products. I now know they sure make a killer lipstick. And I know my lipstick.

Bonus: no need for a gloss with this lipstick because it gives enough of a pretty sheen on its own.

Oh, the packing is adorable! Its shiny, pink, and has a jewel looking mechanism on one end. And the cap is pink inside which I really enjoy. Its all in the details ladies. You know how babies are attracted to shiny things? I think women are attracted to pink and sparkly things. I'm pretty sure it stems from childhood and the desire to become a princess. 

The color: Centerfold is the perfect shade for everyone whether they be pale or dark, cool or warm, 16 or 60, this beautiful mid-tone mauve with a hint of a purple undertone will flatter anyone's lips. Trust me on this one. I can't tell you how perfect this shade is for fall. So get on out there to ULTA, if you received the 20% coupon in the mail like I did, I'm pretty sure it can be used on almost everything except Lancome and fragrances. If you already have Centerfold or another TF shade or if you end up buying it because of my recommendation, I'd love to hear how you like it! P.S. don't really pay attention to the photo above as it doesn't really represent the true color of Centerfold, the actual color is not dark. See below for a good swatch.

Too Faced Centerfold is on the left. This is not my photo, I can't find whose it is or I would give credit!
Lipstick to me is one of life's simple little pleasures. A woman always feels better in lipstick as it is an instant pick-me-up. I have so many fond memories of lipstick, from looking at my grandmother's gold lipstick tubes always encompassing a very fragrant floral scent to buying my first lipstick to becoming obsessed with it and needing to touch up in between every class in high school. I just love lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment