Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Battle of the Blacks: Best Black Nail Polish


Photo Credit www.bellasugar.com
People used to immediately turn their nose up at wearing black nail polish. But that all changed when Chanel made black nails sexy and sophisticated a few years back when they released their "Black Satin" nail polish, an instant cult favorite and Kourtney Kardashian's favorite shade. I like the glossy black color that Black Satin provides but unfortunately I don't like the way it wears and the skinny brush. I know, insulting Chanel is blasphemous and I should just shut my mouth. Essie makes a great black called "Licorice" but the best, glossiest, most sophisticated black I have found is OPI Black Onyx. I personally feel its similar to the look of the Chanel Black Satin but it applies better, wears better, and only requires 2 coats to achieve a truly opaque look.
OPI Black Onyx, Photo Credit www.bestmanicures.com
Some of you may wonder, how does one go about wearing a black nail polish without looking too gothic and/or depressed. Well, to that I say, mix it up. Just as mixing genres in fashion is always popular, same goes for black nail polish. Wear something feminine and soft with your black nails and you protray the image of sophistication and a girl whose not afraid to take a few risks in the name of fashion. Wear black nail polish with all black clothing and studded bracelets and you may project the image of The Crow. Not that there is really anything wrong with that but still.

So there you have it, my favorite black nail polish and the best way to wear it for those that may be a bit timid.

No comments:

Post a Comment