Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Top 5 Summer Blushes!

I thought I'd share my top 5 favorite blushes for summer that include two drugstore and three higher-end options. When I swatched all five on my arm, I realized that three of them look nearly identical to one another but I guess that explains my preference for peachy shades! So here we go, in the order they are swatched in photo below.

Lorac Baked Matte Satin in Exposed: This shade has been a favorite on many "favorites" lists and its on mine too! This is a gorgeous and very shimmery (but very fine shimmer) peachy blush. Some say Milani Luminoso is a dupe for Exposed but I find that Exposed is much pinkier. Although these blushes are called baked matte satin, they are anything but matte. They are the exact opposite of matte! Soft, silky, smooth, super pigmented, but not matte. $25 at ULTA.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso: Similar in texture to the Lorac blushes, very silky with very finely milled shimmer, and let's not forget heavily pigmented! This shade is more of an orangey-peach with less pink than Exposed but pretty much an identical finish. Such a great deal for such a high quality blush and in my opinion, the best shade and texture that Milani makes. $5-$6 @ CVS and Target.

MAC Springsheen: Some say if you have NARS Orgasm, you don't need Springsheen but I actually prefer Springsheen. This is a gorgeous gorgeous blush, another pinky-peach that has slightly more pink in it than Exposed and very similar to NYX Pinched which is also a dupe for NARS Orgasm. Are you still with me? I don't want to confuse you with all the dupes and comparisons! This one gives a gorgeous highlighted look to the cheekbones and has the nicest glowy sheen of all of my picks. $20 @ MAC counters and stores.

NYX Pinched: If you want NARS Orgasm or MAC Springsheen but want a cheaper option, go with NYX Pinched. This is a fantastic and super close dupe for the more expensive brands. Pinched is a pigmented blush but required a couple of extra strokes when swatching on the skin to give the same color pay-off as the others. The texture is more along the lines of a MAC blush but not as silky as the Milani and Lorac. You will be pleasantly surprised if you try some of the NYX blushes, they are quite good and amazingly affordable! $5-$6 @ ULTA, and I see them buy 1 get 1, 50% a LOT!

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink: Finally, a bubble gum pink with no peach in it! This is a cream to powder finish if you haven't tried this line of blushes yet. Fresh Pink is just what it sounds like, it gives a gorgeous and natural pinky flush to the skin. I find it applies best with my fingers because it isn't creamy enough to really spread and blend well with a brush. These blushes definitely have mixed reviews and I've heard that some shades are more pigmented than others. Fresh Pink is sheer but buildable and very natural. $6-$7 at most drugstores.


Lorac Exposed, Milani Luminoso, MAC Springsheen, NYX Pinched, Maybelline Fresh Pink (from L to R, photo taken by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment